The Association for Promotion of Advanced Broadcasting Services
Aoyama Bldg., 5F, 1-2-3, Kita Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 1070061
Directly connected to Aoyama-itchome Station of Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Hanzomon Line, and Toei Subway Oedo Line
Technological innovation and development have always supported TV broadcasting, which has played a major role as an indispensable infrastructure for society.
TV broadcasting is expected to provide you with indispensable essential information and high-quality entertainment while further improving image quality, sound quality and its enhancing functionality, etc., creating a world-class environment in every home, and supporting more secure, safe and affluent lifestyles, also required to promote the sophistication of services through linkage with Internet technologies.
A-PAB will continue to be a strong driving force for the spread of more attractive broadcasting services in order for its member companies and organizations to deliver a richer broadcasting culture to viewers and users, and to make further contributions in the advanced information society through the development of related industries and associated companies.
Our Business Objectives
A-PAB strives to promote and develop broadcasting services while ensuring their stable operation, and to promote the advanced broadcasting and related/applied services and industries. By these means, A-PAB’s goal is to contribute to the promotion of public welfare and the improvement of people's lives.
Our Business Contents
1. Examination, verification, evaluation, etc. of technical specifications related to the advanced broadcasting services (4K/8K, smart TV, etc.),
2. demonstration for practical application of technical specifications related to the advanced broadcasting services and test broadcasting for the required period, etc.,
3. development, dissemination, promotion, and publicity related to the advanced broadcasting services,
4. liaison, coordination and cooperation with internal and external organizations related to the advanced broadcasting services,
5. advancement of the production environment for content utilizing new broadcasting technologies and its penetration,
6. promotion of terrestrial and satellite broadcasting and their reception,
7. research and study on terrestrial and satellite broadcasting services,
8. facilitate of standardization of terrestrial and satellite broadcasting services,
9. operations of satellite key broadcasting services for engineering streams for satellite broadcasting and terrestrial television broadcasting engineering services, and operations related to liaison, coordination, and contracts with related businesses and other parties,
10.businesses related to liaison, coordination, and contracts with related businesses and others concerning copyright protection for terrestrial television broadcasting programs,
11.businesses related to contributing to the creation of new industries and culture utilizing 4K/8K and smart TV technology platforms, and
12.other operations necessary to achieve the objectives of our Association.