The Association for Promotion of Advanced Broadcasting Services (A-PAB)
Aoyama Bldg, 5 F, 1-2-3 Kita Aoyama Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0061
Map (in Japanese only)
A-PAB promotes the diffusion of transmission and reception of terrestrial TV /satellite broadcast in digital format. By promoting development of digital broadcasting, A-PAB also aims to enhance the public good as well as improve the domestic quality of life.
- Promotes the diffusion of digital terrestrial TV / BS broadcasting, and its reception.
- Conducts research surveys related to digital terrestrial TV / BS broadcasting.
- Promotes development of common technical standards for the transmission and reception of digital terrestrial TV / BS broadcasting.
- Distributes engineering streams for broadcast satellite, consigns broadcasting of digital broadcasting streams for broadcast satellite, as well as manages an engineering service for digital terrestrial TV and related coordination, mediation and contractual support for service providers.
- Provides coordination, mediation and contractual support for service providers etc of terrestrial digital TV broadcasts with respect to the protection of broadcasting program copyright.
- Engages in other projects with the aim of achieving its objective.
Organization/Broad of Directors
Management Committee, Special Engineering Service Committee, Special Rights Management & Protection Committee, among others, organized under the Board of Directors.
2.Board of Directors
Consisting of 1 Chairman, 1 Executive Director, 1 Managing Director, 2 Senior Directors, 26 Absentee Directors and 3 Auditors